Skagit Arms, Burlington, WA 895 Nevitt Road, Burlington, WA, 98233 (360) - 588 - 4672


Skagit Arms does not currently employ a gunsmith.

Scope Mounting & Bore-Sighting
We offer free scope mounting and bore-sighting when purchased from us.
Otherwise, scope mounting and bore sighting is just $10.

Special Orders
If you have are looking for a specific firearm, but can't find it, bring us the manufacturers part number or a very detailed description (including Make/Model), and we will check availability for you.
If it is currently available, we will special order it for no additional cost!

We will gladly accept transfers from online or out-of-state sales for a fee of $40.
In addition to the $40 transfer fee, Washington State has recently enacted guidlines that require sales tax be collected from all out of state firearm transfers.
Please contact us before initiating a transfer, to ensure compliance all State and Federal laws.
For a brief over-view of what is required to ship or transfer a firearm, see below.

Shipping and Transferring a Firearm

The Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, as well as other State and Federal Agencies, have set a list of straight-forward regulations regarding the sale and trade of firearms. The information below is to help you understand some of the rules and regulations that control the transfer and shipping of firearms. For the most up-to-date information, or if you have any questions, we ask that you consult the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

All handguns must be shipped to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) Holder, such as Skagit Arms.
Federal Law will allow a private party to SHIP a handgun, as long as it is being RECEIVED by an FFL holder.
However, a private party may NOT ship a handgun via the United States Postal Service.
Only a current FFL holder can ship a handgun via the United State Postal Service.
Handguns shipped by a private party (non FFL holder) must go through a contract carrier such as FedEx or UPS.

Contract carriers usually require handguns to be shipped over-night or same-day, with insurance.
Federal Law requires you tell the carrier the package contains a firearm.
The package cannot be marked as containing a firearm. It is a crime to ship any ammunition with the firearm.
The person shipping the package must comply with all State and Federal Laws, as well as the carrier's regulations.

Rifles and Shotguns
Rifles and shotguns to be shipped within the State of Washington are not required to ship to/from an FFL Holder.
All long guns to be shipped across state lines must ship to a FFL Holder.
Again, Federal Law states a private party (non FFL holder) may SHIP a firearm as long as it is being RECEIVED by a current FFL Holder.

The United States Postal Service will accept shipments of rifles or shotguns from a private party.
Contract carries such as FedEx or UPS will also accept shipments of long guns from a private party.
You must comply with all State and Federal Laws, as well as the carriers rules and regulations.

Initiating a Transfer
Once you have made arrangements with the seller of the firearm, you will need to find an FFL holder to receive the shipment.
Skagit Arms will receive your firearm, complete all the necessary paperwork, and contact you when it arrives.

For our own protection, we will NOT give out a copy of our FFL to a private party.
However, we will gladly forward a copy (by fax) to an FFL holder that requests this information prior to shipping.

If you are having a private party ship your firearm to Skagit Arms, we encourage you both to visit Http://
The Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms maintains a list of all current FFL Holders.
You will find Skagit Arms on this list as a current FFL holder, with the ability to accept your firearm transfer.
This proof of FFL Licensing, via the ATF website, is all that is required to satisfy Federal laws regarding firearms shipping.
You do NOT need a signed hard-copy of our FFL in order to ship to us, per the ATF.

In order to properly receive and log your firearm shipment per Federal Law,
Skagit Arms will need certain information from the party shipping your firearm.
If your firearm will be shipping from an FFL holder, we need their FFL information so we can properly log the transfer in our books.
If your firearm is coming from a private party, we will require a photocopy of their current driver's license.
This is required so we can record all necessary information regarding the trasnfer into our books.
This information is strictly for our records only, and will NOT be made available to anyone else.

Completing a Transfer
When your firearm arrives, we will contact you to pick it up at your earliest conveniece.
The paperwork required for a transfer is exactly the same as if you were buying a new firearm.
The typical background checks and waiting periods for firearm purchases will also apply.
Once the paperwork is complete, you will be charged the $40 transfer fee as well as Washington state Sales Tax for the transferred firearm.

While the process does seem a bit daunting at first, it is actually quite simple. If you have any questions or concerns,
feel free to contact us at: (360) - 588 - 4672

Home Page

New Firearms
Used Firearms
Hunting Accessories
Shooting Accessories

Featured Specials
Current Rebates

Get Directions